A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Installing Applications in Ubuntu has never been easier

Installing Applications in Ubuntu has never been easier

Postby Grav!ty » Wed May 04, 2011 12:59 pm

Installing Applications in Ubuntu 11.04 is really easy. Ubuntu has done a really good job with many aspects of Linux with it's new release ^*^

Although Ubuntu 11.04 comes packed with just about all applications one can need, there are more than thirty five thousand additional applications available from the Ubuntu Software Center that one can choose to install.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Re: Installing Applications in Ubuntu has never been easier

Postby gries818 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:36 pm

People always cite user friendliness as a reason not to adopt Linux (or Ubuntu), but ironically installing programs on Linux has always been super easy - and Ubuntu only makes it easier.

No doubt this is what Apple had in mind when they created the Mac AppStore, but I'm not sure how big of a success. I've used it only once (to download XCode 4), and I know one other person who has used it (to download FaceTime).

Distributions like Ubuntu really are ahead of the game when it comes to software management. ^*^

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to Other Operating Systems