A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

I sent myself spam?

I sent myself spam?

Postby augie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:05 pm

Got a mail today sent from my hotmail acct. back to the same acct. The subject was Brain Teasers. First time I've ever seen this. Anyway I can check the header while at the hotmail site as I can't find the option. I'm pretty sure I'm clean. Thanks
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director
User avatar
Posts: 7870
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:55 am
Location: Laurentians, Quebec

Postby rippinchikkin » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:52 pm

augie wrote:Got a mail today sent from my hotmail acct. back to the same acct. The subject was Brain Teasers. First time I've ever seen this. Anyway I can check the header while at the hotmail site as I can't find the option. I'm pretty sure I'm clean. Thanks


Look augie, I know your lonely and all, but sending yourself spam...there has to be a better way... :P

:lol: :roflmao:


Kidding man, really kidding it was me....gosh I can tell the truth.. no it wasnt me... ok no more I promise.. lol
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication
User avatar
Posts: 15191
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:38 am
Location: 32°28′05″N 93°46′16″W

Postby SCgone » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:24 pm

WOW, talk about lonely, that has to take the prize.

Seriously, it's probably not from you, someone has probably spoofed your email address. If you could see the header you could tell for sure, but it's a pretty common practice.
PRO PLATINUM
Posts: 6879
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:59 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA

Postby Computerwiz2489 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:39 pm

Actually it could be true. I sent my dad an email once and Google bounced it back marking it as spam.
PRO Level 15
Posts: 1043
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 7:40 am
Location: Pro Networks forum board

Postby SCgone » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:54 pm

Computerwiz2489 wrote:Actually it could be true. I sent my dad an email once and Google bounced it back marking it as spam.


He did say he had not seen the email before. Unless he really is losing it, then he probably didn't send it...hehe
PRO PLATINUM
Posts: 6879
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 11:59 pm
Location: South Carolina, USA

Postby augie » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:28 am

Thanks for the help guys. :P Ya, it's spoofed as the contact info has java scripts associated. It's an online pharmacy using an Ancestry.com e-mail page and looks like ancestry is running the ad. Now why would a lonely guy buy Viagra? :whistle
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director
User avatar
Posts: 7870
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:55 am
Location: Laurentians, Quebec

Postby rippinchikkin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:31 am

augie wrote:Thanks for the help guys. :P Ya, it's spoofed as the contact info has java scripts associated. It's an online pharmacy using an Ancestry.com e-mail page and looks like ancestry is running the ad. Now why would a lonely guy buy Viagra? :whistle


Edit-ok I didnt really say that....
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication
User avatar
Posts: 15191
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:38 am
Location: 32°28′05″N 93°46′16″W

Postby Nativedude » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:03 am

wow,
that's all I'm going to say
PRO Level 15
User avatar
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:59 pm
Location: Historical Yorktown, Virginia USA
Real Name: Adam Durham

Postby rippinchikkin » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:09 am

Bell1 wrote:
Computerwiz2489 wrote:Actually it could be true. I sent my dad an email once and Google bounced it back marking it as spam.


He did say he had not seen the email before. Unless he really is losing it, then he probably didn't send it...hehe


I'm sure its the Viagra... doesn't it make you see things that arnt really there... least that is what all the pilots keep saying...
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication
User avatar
Posts: 15191
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:38 am
Location: 32°28′05″N 93°46′16″W

Postby imintheloserssquare » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:39 pm

happend to me too...
just some A-hole playing games.unless you suspect they know your password its not a big deal it should stop.
The Windows Machine:
2.2ghz AMD 64 X2 4200
4GB PC6400 ram
300GB raptor drive+160gb back up
ASUS M2N32-SLI Premium Vista Edition
creative soundblaster XFI music
Nvidia Geforce 8500GT PCIe 512mb
windows vista home premium 64-bit
-and-
2.6ghz macbook pro with snow leopard
PRO Level 7
User avatar
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:32 am
Location: MN

Next

Return to Security & Virus

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
cron