A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Hrm... does Google add or detract

Hrm... does Google add or detract

Postby kanaloa » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:16 am

What you think? Does the Google map detract from the page or add to it?

http://www.hawaiianstyle.org/content/Guide931.html

I've used a off-beat place for starters... but if the majority likes this, I might implement it more often in the site, especially on trail related places.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby kanaloa » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:07 am

I'd also be curious what you all think of the video:
http://www.hawaiianstyle.org/content/Guide232.html

Add or detract?
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:10 am

I think they both are great innovations and add to the site :yesnod: The ad placment on both pages is what I personally would change, so that the top line of ads appears below the google map and video. Where they are now confuses a little

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby kanaloa » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:45 pm

The ads are always Catch22. You put them in a less confusing location, no one see's them or clicks on them. You put them in the middle of everything... they are seen and clicked, but often confuse folks. I'll try swapping some things around. I'm guessing you mean the banner ad and not the box ad?
President

Postby xxsonyboy4lfexx » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:26 am

The Google map detracts a lot in my opinion but the video would be great, I think.
PRO Level 8

Postby kanaloa » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:10 am

Thanks... the map definitely doesn't look as good since I changed the ad's around. It used to fit snugly in at the bottom.
President

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts