A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

HP photosmart R742

HP photosmart R742

Postby Xstream » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:21 am

The HP photosmart R742 is a sleek looking, very nice medium range camera. I bought this for my wife for 2 reasons that are important to her. The first being the most important. It has a rechargable battery. Our last camera ate batteries like candy. Lithium batteries at that. So right off the bat we're saving money. Image
The second reason was that you can fix red eye right on the camera. My wife does alot of scrapbooking and her printer is not connected to the pc. So she needs to do all her editing either on the camera or on the screen thats built into our printer.

The price of this camera when we bought it was $149, which is about the same as most cameras with similiar features. It is a 7 megapixal camera, with a 3x optical, 5x digital zoom. It has a 2.5 inch lcd screen. I really like the anti blur feature, which helps when you don't have a steady hand.

We discovered that if you put it in the "action" mode, the shutter speed is faster and you get an even sharper photo, night mode also is handy for low light pics. You can also take video clips if you add an sd card, with audio. However, there is no speaker on this camera, so you can only hear the audio once you upload it to yor pc.
Overall, we like this camera very much, it may not be top of the line, but it does everything that we want it to do, at a fair price.
PROfessional Member

Return to Guides