A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How to use Vbootpro to setup dual boot! [RESOLVED]

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby Robbie6265 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:23 pm

kd1966 and others,
Thank you for your help,
I understand what you say about the drives, and how OS's play GOD with the system partitions, depending on what was installed and when, and how, and what drive, and compaired to what is installed before it.
ALL very sad considering That the two OS's I was tying to get to run together were from the same company (MS) I payed good $$ to and whom should not EVER had let it come to this before it got this bad,

Google " xp vista dual boot problem " and you can see the 1.2 million or so hits it gets...

I have been building / operating / fixing / playing around with PC's For more than 20 years now.....but the Last 5-7 Years I have felt like a BETA tester for just about EVERY piece of software out there....including OS's/Games /Apps etc......
I only Hope VistaBootPro is in the VERY small 5-10 % of software that is "finished" when released and at the moment it would seem it is close to that....
Thanks again Guys for your Help/Info
RoBBiE.
PRO Level 2

Postby NT50 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:02 pm

Glad you got it fixed.

The info you provided is helpful and seems to be the trend of what everybody has to do to have a dual boot. It seems in order for XP/Vista dual boot, the three XP boot files need to be on both the XP and Vista drive in your case and if searched here you can find the same resolution. A lot of the people are having to copy the files from XP to Vista.

Well in the end you are dual booting and all is well .....
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby Robbie6265 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:07 pm

NT50 wrote:Glad you got it fixed.

The info you provided is helpful and seems to be the trend of what everybody has to do to have a dual boot. It seems in order for XP/Vista dual boot, the three XP boot files need to be on both the XP and Vista drive in your case and if searched here you can find the same resolution. A lot of the people are having to copy the files from XP to Vista.

Well in the end you are dual booting and all is well .....

NP and Thanx
PRO Level 2

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems