A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

HOW TO: REMOVE WINDOWS VISTA FROM YOUR SYSTEM

Postby gries818 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:33 pm

Ex_Brit wrote:Interesting...then of course the XP bootloader would have to be "repaired". I read somewhere else that just doing a repair install on C: would "cure all".

hmm, I wouldn't do a repair install inless I had to, you will have to re-update ur PC! Not sure if you have to repair the XP boot loader after VistaBootPRO removes the Vista Bootloader

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:29 am

Ex_Brit wrote:
gries818 wrote:It doesn't matter which drive its on, just has to be on either XP or Vista to work.

btw, you can simplify the whole process by using VistaBootPRO to remove your Vista Boot Loader, but I have not yet tried this. Someone who has will have to comment.

Interesting...then of course the XP bootloader would have to be "repaired". I read somewhere else that just doing a repair install on C: would "cure all".

You can use VistaBootPRO to delete the Vista boot loader but thats all it would do - delete the boot loader and you would still be left with all the vista files on your system.

Doing a repair install of Windows XP has the same effect as running fixboot from the recovery console and nothing more than that.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby gries818 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:46 am

Grav!ty wrote:Doing a repair install of Windows XP has the same effect as running fixboot from the recovery console and nothing more than that.

Thats what I thought.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:04 am

gries818 wrote:
Grav!ty wrote:Doing a repair install of Windows XP has the same effect as running fixboot from the recovery console and nothing more than that.

Thats what I thought.

Oh and you are quite right about the disadvantages of the repair install of Windows XP gries818, having to install the updates and activatiing it again :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to General Windows Support