A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How do you perform a backup of the BCD Registry?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

How do you perform a backup of the BCD Registry?

Postby perdue112 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:11 am

Hello:

This being my very first post, I would like to get started with the backup process.

Immediately after the VistaBootPro install, the program directs the user to backup the Registry from the very beginning.
I am not familiar with this area and would like to know how to approach these steps in the backup process.

However, I was able to modify the second line in the text box that says: Windows 7 Enterprise (recoverd) line, reset the Default OS, retained the current Boot Option (C:), and changed the timeout to 10.

Nevertheless, I'd appreciate your help in tackling the backup BCD Registry feature of this product.

Regards,
perdue112
PRO New Member

Re: How do you perform a backup of the BCD Registry?

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:53 am

Click the Browse button next to the BCD Backup Path space, on the Care Center page in DualBootPRO, then add a file name in the space provided which has "File name:" to the left of it (choose something descriptive with a date or something) when the usual Windows Save as window opens, and then either accept the default destination which is My Documents or put it where ever you can access it when you need it.

I'm going to move your post to the PRO Software forum once you've responded.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software