A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Help changing background color.

Help changing background color.

Postby T-Man1984 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:08 am

Hello,
I am using a pre-made template that uses CSS. The page has a gradient for a background. You can find the page here, http://jspafford.com

What I would like to do is change all of the white area to a different color. It seems to me the white area is set to white in the CSS file, but I can't seem to find it.

I would like to be able to make it match the grey, or for holidays change it to match the seasons.

Can someone tell me what I need to change to get rid of all the white areas?

Thanks!
PRO Level 6

Re: Help changing background color.

Postby imnuts » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:56 am

I didn't look into it much, but it looks like a majority of the background is controlled via body-bg.png and gradient-shadow.png. You also have some unnecessary code on the page in the header section where it's pointing to a non-existent file for most users, and the body background color is specified twice, once in CSS and once in the actual body tag.
PRO SUPREME

Postby jbullard » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:25 am

T-Man,

Without seeing the actual stylesheet I could not tell you exactly where it is. However, in looking at the code, here is where you should look contentWrapper. This is the main white box that you are wanting to change and that is where you will find it in the stylesheet. Also, just as a word of security it is not a good idea to import documents from your desktop. Currently, you are importing a stylesheet that is stored in your desktop folder. I would move this to the same directory as your web files. :yesnod:

HTH,
Jason
VP - Software

Postby T-Man1984 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:42 pm

I was looking for the 'content wrapper' file, but never could find it. Is it physically a file I am looking for?

I will have to check into the css file. I don't think it's possible to be on my desktop. I used to host it with Godaddy, but bought a HP Homeserver and now host it myself. I think I remember changing the css location a while back while editing it, but I can't imagine how it's still actually pointing to the css file.

Thanks
PRO Level 6

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts