A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

grub loader and bootpro/fixmbr?

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

grub loader and bootpro/fixmbr?

Postby Azjo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Hi

I have installed on ubuntu on my third drive (sdc in linux talk).
It has installed grub loader on my first drive (sda in linux talk) where i have windows 7.
I have now installed grub loader on sdc and want to fix it on sda so it does not have grub loader there.

I tried to force installing the bcd bootloader on C:\ when i was in Windows 7 but it happily boots grub still.

how do i fix this?
PRO Level 3

Re: grub loader and bootpro/fixmbr?

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:00 am

Boot to your Windows 7 DVD and go to Repair your computer and then select the command prompt from System Recovery Options (after selecting your Windows 7 installation). At the command prompt type bootrec /fixmbr and then exit the command prompt, restart your machine and remove the Windows 7 DVD. That should do it.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems