A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Good/easy hosting companies

Good/easy hosting companies

Postby ar1stotle » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:39 am

OK, a group I'm a part of has a website, which is currently hosted by 1and1. They are having some problems with it, and would like to find a better host. However, they want it to have an easy to use online site-builder because they're really not tech savvy. They also specifically said that it has to be password protected or something (not sure if they meant just for changing it or what).

Anyway, any suggestions? I thought that Office Live would be OK, but for some reason they don't understand that even though they have a Mac they can still use M$ stuff. So, what else is out there that you can recommend?
PRO BRONZE

Postby kd1966 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:09 pm

I am "trying" to get our community association group to use Office Live; heck it's free for the basic package and likely they'll not need any upgrades anytime soon, plus the email is WAY better than the 1&1. I know very little about website development now, so I'm no help there......
PRO PLATINUM

Postby RipFire12901 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:39 pm

To bad this one doesn't have a html editor but it is one of the best.

<a href="http://www.dreamhost.com/" target="_blank">DeamHost.com</a>
(temporarly empty)
PRO Level 13

Postby ar1stotle » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:09 am

When you say it doesn't have an HTML editor, does that imply that it has a graphical online page builder? That's what they want.

Come on, I know some of yall have websites of your own :roleeyes
PRO BRONZE

Postby xXDIGITALXx » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:40 pm

I've got a website, but my hosting is through a buddy of mine that gives me good rates. As far as graphical site builders. Why not worry about that being hosted on the actual server itself and just use front page or some other type of builder similar to that on your own pc then uploading the files. I've noticed the trend with hosting companies is that the more they offer, the more they charge, hell, that's ANYWHERE for that matter. But ya. When I started I got simple hosting, had a cpanel with fantastico, I used front page for everything. There are a lot of utilities out there that pretty much give you drag and drop interfaces for building web pages. Just my .02 but I would look at that route, esp when just simple hosting with cpanel access you can pick up very very cheap.
<a href="http://www.humanforsale.com" title="How much am I worth?">I am worth $2,646,164 on HumanForSale.com</a>
PRO Level 14

Postby toxic chicken » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:55 pm

PRO Level 5

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts