A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Free alternative to McAfee.com SpamKiller

Free alternative to McAfee.com SpamKiller

Postby XJan87 » Fri Aug 23, 2002 3:31 pm

I looked for a product that'd filter away my spam, so I tried McAfee.com SpamKiller for 30 days... Nice product, did it's job well... But costs $39.95 :o. So I searched for others. Found Inbox Protector which didn't do it's job very well, was very annoying and costs $29.95... So I searched again and finally found a free product that does it's job even better than McAfee... Clodmark SpamNet. It's free! Check it out!
http://www.cloudmark.com/products/spamnet/overview/howitworks.php
PROfessional Member

Postby nghtterror » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:15 pm

McAfee firewall is a good app. works good for me---filter settings in email options seem to be effective in reducing garbage also
"Only the dead have seen the end of war". Plato
Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing
PRO New Member

Postby RRCinci » Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:37 pm

The only problem with programs like SpamCop and SpamNet is that they also block emails that you DO want....Fred Langa and Chris Pirillo both report problems with folks getting their newsletters when certain spam killers are running...especially the ones that ISP's run! You don't get a chance to allow the ones you want...they decide for you! Not a good thing in my opinion!

Paul
PROfessional Member

Postby XJan87 » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:15 pm

SpamNet shouldn't block too many e-mails you want.
It has a database where it checks if it's spam. If it's not there, it doesn't get filtered. You can also block spam that doesn't get filtered and that way you help the entire community because it's added into the database. It only moves the spam into the spam folder in Outlook, so you can always check there if there's a newsletter you want and unblock it with a click of a button. Certainly handier than going through all the spam when you want to check your important messages.
PROfessional Member

Return to Guides