A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

format using XP installer and using recovery manager to reinstall vista

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby eiksnelg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:10 am

is this possible.
my HDD hav 4 partition, C:drive(vista) d:Drive (data) e:drive(recovey manager) f:drive(xp) i have pre-install vista home premium and don't have recovery disk rather have recovery manager w/c s save in my e: drive
i am planning to reformat my c:drive w/c have a partition of f:drive(XP)
using xp installer. and partition it by 45gig and 25 gig. i will install xp on 25gig partition and and it is possible for me to re-install vista on a 45gig using recovery manager(e: drive) that was partition by xp installer.

thnx
PRO Level 2

Postby kd1966 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 am

The recovery manager will likely take your system back to the status the day you bought it, so any other existing partitions you've created will likely be destroyed. I don't know that for a fact; look into the features of your recovery manager
PRO PLATINUM

Postby eiksnelg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:37 am

ah ok thnx sir
PRO Level 2

Postby The Phoenix » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:16 am

Almost all recovery partitions and managers will repartition your HDD and put the vista image back that was on your laptop from day one, there is no way to edit the properties of how your recovery manager recovers your laptop's disk structure.
Jamie
ImageImage
PRO Level 15

Postby eiksnelg » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:29 pm

thnx sir phoenix
well i guess all i need is to request for a recovery disk of my windows vista so that i can reformat and partition it to my desire partition
thanks again sir
PRO Level 2

Return to Windows Boot Problems