A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Folding @ Home

Forum rules
Welcome to our modest though robust team of folders! You are all more than welcome to join us or ask specific questions about how to go about folding but please start a new thread to post your questions, this way nothing of importance will be lost and everyone here will help you out.

If you just want to chat folding then the Folding@Home Home thread will be great!

Postby augie » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:31 pm

rippinchikkin wrote:OKOKOK
I just talked a guy at the folding forum, and you can change teams.
Im moving my 6 or so PC over here now.
ttl
:yahoo:

:cool: That's great news man. Our team's been picking up lately. Geez man, look at netNomad's score. :shocked: I'm sure you'll catch him pretty quick. ;) Hey, c'mon guys join up! Especially the 64bit ones. You know who you are. :yesnod:
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby old-gray » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:36 am

Hello my friends...

To be honest, I have been reading this thread trying to figure out what the ,,,, you are talking about. Think I now have some idea....didnt know that so many people on pronet were so involved...

could you point me toward a good site that explains (in baby language) what you are doing...I would like to know more... I was involved in something simular in the early 80s dealing with AI...

Is the data used for medical study?

Thanks for the thread...
Bob
Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum!
PRO Level 7
Location: Dixie land, where I was borned, early on one frosty morn..

Postby rippinchikkin » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:38 pm

Bob try the Stanford web page
http://folding.stanford.edu/
this and they have a foum, there is some good info in there too.
ttl
rip
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication

Postby old-gray » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:09 am

Thanks Rip. Will spend some time there.

EDIT:
Found the site facinating...don't know much about biology, but studied some while in school...LOL :whistle

did some personal research on prions recently, so found this project interesting. ^*^

joined with a name you might recognize on the forum...

also joined group 13790, hope that is OK...

installed on an old laptop which is online constanly, if it works out, will probably install on a couple newer machines that are also online constantly..

looking forward to seeing how long it takes this laptop to finish the WU.

Have been interested in the genome project for some time, but have not been involved in a couple of years, things sure change fast...

I am running a genome WU on the laptop, if successful, will probably run something concerning protein folding since I am very interested in a project concerning parkinsons.

Thanks for the help, guys. hope to see you in the tea room..
Bob
Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum!
PRO Level 7
Location: Dixie land, where I was borned, early on one frosty morn..

Postby imnuts » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:20 pm

i have it running on my computer in my room and 5 computers at work, although i'm not sure if they're all running it at all times or not due to people closing the program. hopefully, i can keep it running on the desktops here for a while and get a lot done, along with my computer in my room. eventually, i'll have it on another faster computer too, so i'm aiming to catch up to the leaders.
PRO SUPREME

Postby poisonbl » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:34 pm

if you're the admin (or really good friends with the admin) you can install the console version as a service on NT based systems (2000/XP)
PRO Level 10
Location: WVU -- Morgantown, WV. -- USA (TZ: -5 hrs GMT, -4 DST)

Postby augie » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:37 pm

imnuts wrote:so i'm aiming to catch up to the leaders.

You shouldn't have any problems there. I only have 38 WU's though rip (aka Dave) may have a BIG say in this. Go for a competition. ^*^
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
Community Director

Postby rippinchikkin » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:03 pm

augie wrote:
imnuts wrote:so i'm aiming to catch up to the leaders.

You shouldn't have any problems there. I only have 38 WU's though rip (aka Dave) may have a BIG say in this. Go for a competition. ^*^

You guys just wait
Donator rippinchikkin
Team The motherboards.org Team (33258) this has changed to our team.
Score 17413 (certificate)
Donator Rank 24287 of 436142
WU 204 (certificate)
Date of last
work unit 2005-03-09 03:06:19
Active processors
(within 50 days) 6
Active processors
(within 7 days) 3
Detailed listing for projects 0-999
Detailed listing for projects 1000-1999

Of course it hasnt updated since monday, I have since put our team in(so it will show up this coming monday that im on our team and we shall see where it all stands). But alas I must start over at NIL. But we will wipe the floor with the other teams....

PROnet will clean house, we just have to get all of the members involved...
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication

Postby imnuts » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:16 pm

well, i have a few computers sitting at mostly done, and i've finished 2 WU since friday on one computer, which is soon to finish it's 3rd, so the challenge is on.
PRO SUPREME

Postby augie » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:43 pm

Hehe, let the games begin. ^*^ On your mark, set and GOOOOO!

Community Director

PreviousNext

Return to Distributed Computing