A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Failed attempt to set up Dual Boot system

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Re: Failed attempt to set up Dual Boot system

Postby EllisF » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:07 am

I'm running the latest (and last) version of bios for this machine and the drivers should all be up to date.

Don't forget this XP installation was working perfectly (or as close to that as any Windows OS can come) before Vista was added. I may "solve" this problem by getting rid of XP altogether since Vista seems to be working fine, but I would like to know what the problem is since I may see it again someday. So far I haven't found any incompatibility with any of my software and Vista. I'll be satisfied running Vista on this computer until April 2017, when MS will cut off support and the computer will be old and weary and ready for retirement.

Is it likely/possible that DBP information could give a clue concerning this problem?
PRO Level 2

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems