A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Edit Bootmgr on flash drive

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Edit Bootmgr on flash drive

Postby tomgold » Wed May 12, 2010 8:53 pm

I have a flash drive that I use to install W7. I also have a different flash drive that I use to install Vista. I want to combine both the W7 & Vista installation media on one flash drive. In order to do this I need to edit the bootmgr file that is on the flash drive. When I run Dualbootpro 1.0, it seems that the only bootmgr file that I can modify is the one that is on the reserved system partition. Is it possible to have Dualbootpro 1.0 choose a different bootmgr file to modify, like the bootmgr file that is on my windows installation flash drive?

--tom
PRO New Member

Re: Edit Bootmgr on flash drive

Postby jbullard » Wed May 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Tom,

Unfortunately no. We are still weeding through the features of bcdedit in order to see which ones can be run on another store. Most of them seem to work; however, certain things like changing a device can cause an unknown entry to be inserted instead. I have heard that the bcdedit version in Win7 fixes a lot of the problems but have not seen it yet. But, it is in the plans for the future. :yesnod:
VP - Software

Return to PRO Software