A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

DUAL BOOT XP & VISTA ON TWO HDD

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

DUAL BOOT XP & VISTA ON TWO HDD

Postby RASHMI » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:45 pm

Hello,
I have two SATA HDD one installed with XP HOME and other with VISTA HOME PREMIUM. I wish to have dual booting option when I start my computer, but I always boot in VISTA. I tried VISTABOOT PRO and still I can not find solution to it. So at present I just disconnect my power cable of XP to boot in for VISTA or disconnect power cable from VISTA To boot in for XP. ANy help would highly apprecited.
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:52 pm

Boot into Vista. go into Disk Manager and tale a snapshot/picture of it and post it to imageshack or similar and post the thumbnail image in a post.

PS: do not switch out cables anymore once Vista is booted or disconnect power cables.

We do have a guide Unplugged XP Drive for Vista Setup: Can't Dual Boot to XP on repairing a situation similar to yours.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems