okay, thanks for the advice everyone, but i am still not getting it. I have a Vista laptop (installed when i got it - no DVD came with it though), and i have installed Tiny XP Professional, which all works great, and when i installed it always went straight to the XP when i booted up, so i followed the instructions here on the forum about running VistaBootPro and making dualboot , all worked fine, i could see Windows Recovery, Windows Vista (both worked fine), and WIndows Xp Professional, but when i chose XP i got an error saying ntldr cannt be founf and an 0x0000000 error or something, which led me to this topic we are now on!
so i follow the instructions on first post here, login to Vista and do the steps below:
Below is how to locate the ntldr, NTDETECT, and boot.ini while in Vista.
1. Open My Computer
2. Click on "Organize" and then click on "Folder and Search Options"
3. Then click on the "View" tab
4. In the list under "Advanced Settings" you need to find "Hide protected operating system files" and uncheck it and then click "Ok"
5. Once back into My Computer open your XP (or Vista) drive and you will now see more "protected" files
6. Select the three files in question and right click and then select "Copy"
but firstly i was confused how it has (or vista) in like that, so i was not sure wheather i am suppose to goto the vista drive or the XP drive (this is confusing btw)... anyway, so i went to both C:\ (Vista) and D:\ (XP) and i could not see ANY of the above files - ntldr, NTDETECT, and boot.ini
in C or D drive.... what am i doing wrong, i have unprotected the files, allowing protected files to be shown ... where exactly are these files... please help me someone.
and i am confised with the (Vista) in brackets... it says goto XP (Vista) ... which one?
Thanks heaps all. dont know what i am doing wrong here, as it seemed to work fine for all you guys.
Helping Is Everything!