A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Dual boot problem, help needed.

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:51 am

Here you go, the settings are exactly the same in Windows XP.

I think what's important now is that you stay in one operating system, with both drivers connected and complete the process from there.

I'll recap a bit as to what needs to be done.

1. Copy those 5 files to the system drive. You can check which is your sytem drive by going to Disk Management and you'll see which one is tagged "System". Copying them to both drives is fine too.

2. Once that is done, run VistaBootPRO and from the Bootloader tab select "Reinstall the Vista bootloader" and click Apply.

3. Now go to the Diagnostics item on the menu bar of VistaBootPRO and run diagnostics. This will take you back to the Manage OS Entries page ad you should see items listed there for "Earlier versions of Windows" and "Microsoft Windows Vista".

4. Reboot and test the menu items and make sure you don't change the boot priority order.

5. If for some reason you still cannot boot into both operating systems, then go back to the one you made the changes from and open VistaBootPRO to the View Settings page and select "Detailed View" and then copy and paste the text here so that we can see what it says.

Hang in there ladyland, there's no mysteries to this all and I'm sure we can get your issues resolved :)

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems