A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Downloading Fails to download Anything! (SOLVED)

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Downloading Fails to download Anything! (SOLVED)

Postby ayeray » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:48 pm

From your forum, I see that I'm not the only one that has had this problem with your s3amazonaws.com site.
Looks like downloading starts and is proceeding but nothing is ever downloaded, no estimated time left is ever displayed.
Come on people , this shouldnt be so hard!!! Your registration just to get on this forum for support is a pain!
PRO New Member

Re: Downloading Fails to download Anything!

Postby Grav!ty » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Hang in there...we'll get the application to you :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby ayeray » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks Gravity. Us Grumpy old men don't tolerate this kind of stuff too well.
PRO New Member

Postby kanaloa » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Sorry for the problem, I'll email you a link shortly. I have complained to the hosting company about this problem, but they insist it's not them. I am strongly considering moving our downloads to another provider, because clearly something is wrong. Thanks for alerting us to this. You should receive an email shortly.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby Nicholls61 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

Hello all, I too am having trouble getting anything to download at all. It initially starts out at about 5% complete but never actually finishes, and never updates to how long the download will take or any other info at all.

I would certainly say a new host would be in order if they keep telling you it's not their problem..

Nicholls
PRO New Member

Postby kanaloa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:17 am

I will email you the file. Sorry about this again.

I have attempted to replicate the problem you both reported with your individual download links, and I cannot seem to get it to hang up for me.

If anyone else has this problem, please try and record the exact time you attempt the download. If this continues, I will switch to a new host next week.

Thanks,
John
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby kanaloa » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:58 pm

This problem was occurring at an alarming rate over the last few weeks, so I have upgraded our account to host the file directly. Now the files will download directly from OUR server, not the store's server. Again, we apologize for any problems you may have had.
President

Return to PRO Software