A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

domains

domains

Postby Xstream » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:35 am

One of my domains is about to expire, and I've had nothing but trouble with the registrar ( Globat ). I don't want to renew with them, and they won't let me transfer.
If I let it expire, how long before I can buy it again with Godaddy?
PROfessional Member

Postby jbullard » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:39 am

I would not suggest letting it expire. There are domain squatters out there who like to purchase stuff that has expired.

Will they let you transfer it after you renew it? Have a look at <a href="http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm">ICANN's</a> policy about transfers. It is illegal for them to stop you.
VP - Software

Postby kanaloa » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:25 am

I'd say transfer it; like Jason said, it's illegal for them to not allow that. And consider 1and1.com; I find them much better than GoDaddy.com. We've started migrating our 60+ domains at work to 1and1.com

We'd been using 1and1.com for our domains here too (and for HG), but we're moving those to our host now, The Planet, since they are a tad cheaper. When you have that many, it's a savings even at a dollar or so a piece.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts