A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Creating a Windows XP Unattended Installation Disc

Postby Neuromancer » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:51 pm

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Apps\WMP10\SETUP_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N

Will install it then the first time you use it you will have to "configure it" but that can be done witha reg file pretty easily :)

As for applications that make custom install exes.. there are a tone of them InstallRight and WinInstall and AutoIT... personally I do not use them its easier (to me) to just google the right application switches

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."--Thomas Jefferson
PRO GOLD

Postby NT50 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:01 pm

Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby Logicalx » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Just Got My "Windows OEM Installation Kit" jus gona start it now n see wot happens i'll post a few screenies. note: do not ask how to get it or were i got it, because i will not tell you,

ps. lazy git cant be bothered to do it the manual way lol.

Dean
LOGiCALX
Ex-ProNet Staff (GFX)
PRO Level 12

Postby Neuromancer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:14 pm

Its avaialbe at Microsoft :P

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere."--Thomas Jefferson
PRO GOLD

Postby Logicalx » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:18 pm

lollllz yeah that to, but dont u have to be apart of the oem, and msdn.. ?
you can see i dont know much :embarrassed: lol
LOGiCALX
Ex-ProNet Staff (GFX)
PRO Level 12

Postby Neuromancer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:54 pm

xDarkShadowx wrote:lollllz yeah that to, but dont u have to be apart of the oem, and msdn.. ?
you can see i dont know much :embarrassed: lol

Nope. You just need to pass the windows validation tool...

PRO GOLD

Postby Logicalx » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:27 pm

ok stuck here, how would i add Adobe CS2 To Windows OEM Installation Kit ( because i'll need all the setup files ) if this is possible ?

thanks, Dean
LOGiCALX
Ex-ProNet Staff (GFX)
PRO Level 12

Postby Neuromancer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:56 pm

xDarkShadowx wrote:ok stuck here, how would i add Adobe CS2 To Windows OEM Installation Kit ( because i'll need all the setup files ) if this is possible ?

thanks, Dean

Application switches are pretty easy to find... I do not have my unattended disk handy (not sure where I put it) so I can not look it up. I made all my applciation installs via DOS scripts,instead of the more popular runonce method... but the idea is the same.. you need to break down the installer to the MSI's and run them with the /qb switch I am pretty sure...

PRO GOLD

Postby Logicalx » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:09 pm

once iv finished with the "Windows OEM Installation Kit" program, do i jus copy the files to my Original XP Installation Folder ( very n00b'ish ) sorry, lol!
LOGiCALX
Ex-ProNet Staff (GFX)
PRO Level 12

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:13 pm

xDarkShadowx wrote:once iv finished with the "Windows OEM Installation Kit" program, do i jus copy the files to my Original XP Installation Folder ( very n00b'ish ) sorry, lol!

You will get answers to that question HERE :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

PreviousNext

Return to Guides