A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Content Filter Software

Content Filter Software

Postby Synaptic » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:37 am

With the post below, I have been reminded by a question that I've wanted to ask for a while.

What I'd like to know is if there are any SOFTWARE content filtering systems that I could use in my configuration.

My Configuration is that all the machines are served their DNS through a central server running Server 2003. I would think that for content filtering in my specific circumstance, without any sort of Proxy, would be some sort of DNS Filtering solution.

I'd like to know what, if any, products exist which are based on the principle of DNS filtering. I've looked at the Free K9 Web Protection and it looks like it could be exactly what I'm after, except that it will only install on XP and 2000, not 2003. I've already tried the compatibility tab and it still detects my OS as not XP or 2000.

Any Ideas?
"Know this, you can cut me off from the civilized world, you can incarcerate me with two moronic cell mates, you can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you can not break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delievered from this feted and festering sewer." - Charles Emerson Winchester, III, M*A*S*H
PRO Level 11

Postby Synaptic » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:42 am

I think I'm going to bump this because I haven't got a response...
"Know this, you can cut me off from the civilized world, you can incarcerate me with two moronic cell mates, you can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you can not break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delievered from this feted and festering sewer." - Charles Emerson Winchester, III, M*A*S*H
PRO Level 11

Postby kd1966 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:27 am

possibly it detected that you are on a "server" OS, and the program may not be designed to run on servers??
PRO PLATINUM

Return to Security & Virus