I feel like I beat this dead horse more often than not. But I can't help but ask one last time. I really want to pick the best domain to be my primary for HSO. I need something with a keyword in it and that's easy enough to remember.
'HawaiianStyle' as a name sounds great I think. But it seems to be hard to spell for many people and I've taken that to heart. Let me recap quickly by year so you can get an idea of how roller coaster this has been domain name wise.
- mauipictures.net is born
- mauiguide.net is born. I also bought the rest of the "islandname".net domains. onehawaii.org charity is born. Eventually hawaii-guide.com is the primary site. Many folks from PRO helped build it.
- hawaiianstyletravel.com is created and launched as a joint project of my future wife and I. hawaiianstylephotos.com and hawaiianstylemedia.com follow.
- hawaiianstyle.org becomes the corporate identity and company name. The mile by mile book series launches.
- hawaiianstyletravel.com remains flagship site and the media/photos sites are side-kick sites. hawaiianstyle.org just gives info on company. All mile by mile book domains are purchased.
- hawaiianstyletravel.com starts to transition to hawaiianstyle.org. hawaiianstyle.org website is relaunched as all inclusive site to include the travel/media/photo site in a single site.
- hawaiianstyle.org work stopped to convert to Expression Engine (80% completed now)
Ultimately I need to choose the best domain for our site. I can keep hawaiianstyle.org or I can pick one of these. What do you all honestly think considering the history and options moving forward? What's the easiest to remember and using the best keywords? Our site is about travel advice and centers around our mile by mile series books and photography. I am ruling out the hawaiianstyle(photos/media/travel).com domains bc they are too long and involve the word "hawaiian" which seemingly is hard for folks to spell. So which of these?
hawaiianstyle.org - current
hawaiimilebymile.com - currently points to our books mainpage
onehawaii.org - currently points to our charity site (which is dead)
pronetworks.org - juuuust kidding
Or I could buy:
Suggest any others you like too (check to see if they're available please). No "-" please in the name.
I own another 30 hawaii domains, but many are ".net" domains and are just to make sure no one grabs them. I still also own all the early domains.
Thanks for any opinions and comments. I just want to make sure before I launch the new site we have the best domain in play. It's important I think we get this right.