A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Cannot find former dual boot options

Re: Cannot find former dual boot options

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Sorry man I seemed to have missed your earlier post. Try placing the XP boot system files on the Server 03 drive too, and in VistaBootPRO changing the drive letter for the Earlier Versions entry to the Server 03 drive letter.

Also, before what I've suggested in the paragraph above, try copying the ntldr file from your Server 03 CD and replace the XP one. This shouldn't make a difference but it just may.

Here's another thing you can try...open msconfig (type msconfig in the XP run dialog box and press enter) and go to the boot.ini tab and the click on Check all boot paths.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby Lennart » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:03 pm

^*^ ^*^ ^*^ !!! Thanx m8!!! All entries firing up like Chinese fireworks! Thanks for your outstanding support! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy Keep up the good work!
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:07 pm

Glad we could help ^*^ What finally worked to get the Server 03 entry working lennart?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby Lennart » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, as i flung all solutions at it at once i cannot really say. Sorry about that. Too anxious to get it to work!
PRO New Member

Previous

Return to General Windows Support