A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Can't boot XP after installation on Vista System

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby davecar3 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 pm

I looked through this post and did not see it. I installed the Dual Boot for Vista and XP. I can't get VistaBootPro to boot XP because when I set the partition disk D it doesn't put the correct Bootloader name in. It uses the same as for Vista \windows\system32\winload.exe. That works on Drive C but not on Drive D. How can I correct this so I can also get the XP partition to boot. Thanks Dave
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:36 pm

davecar3 wrote:I looked for this post and did not see it. I installed the Dual Boot for Vista and XP. I can't get VistaBootPro to boot XP because when I set the partition disk D it doesn't put the correct Bootloader name in. It uses the same as for Vista \windows\system32\winload.exe. That works on Drive C but not on Drive D. How can I correct this so I can also get the XP partition to boot. Thanks Dave

Hi davecar3 and welcome to PROnetworks. Please see THIS thread of yours where your issue is being addressed :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems