A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Can BootPro Bail Me Out?

Re: Can BootPro Bail Me Out?

Postby djhoeft » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Had to give up and go to bed last night. Yes, I was at the command line when I set the boot drive to the new Windows 7 Home Premium clean install. The previous dialogue screen indicated the drive was E:\, so I tried F:\ and a couple of others. When I entered ScanOs at the command line, it only showed F:\ drive. I'm going to try unplugging all drives except the drive with the GRUB bootloader on it and see what happens there. It will be Monday before I can get back to it, so thank you for all your help. I think I'll do something productive like use my BootPro to set up a dual boot with my old XP Home drive.
PRO Level 2

Re: Can BootPro Bail Me Out?

Postby djhoeft » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:06 am

Had to report back that all is well! Opening weekend of deer season kept me away from the computer for a couple of days. So, I tried the Repair Your Computer once again. This time instead of just hitting the "restart" option, I shut the computer down and rebooted. Don't know if that made the difference, but now when I set the newly upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium and the Windows 7 RC drives to boot up in my DualBoot Pro, it works! The GRUB loader is gone, thank heavens. Now, I just need to get my old XP Home drive working in the boot options and I will be very happy.

Grav!ty, I thank you much for your assistance. I also now have new "tools" for probems in my arsenal.
PRO Level 2

Previous

Return to General Windows Support