A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

"Bootmgr is missing" windows 7, I've tried everything :(

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

"Bootmgr is missing" windows 7, I've tried everything :(

Postby SacreCoeur » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:00 pm

I had Vista on my HD C: first and I ran the Windows 7 DVD from that HD due to the error message that the DVD always gave me, this is why the boot loader was originally installed on my C: drive instead of the new windows 7 drive. I can't boot the windows 7 drive if the vista drive isn't connected. Since i would like to remove the drive where Vista is install and the boot loader too, I would like to install the boot loader in the HDD where windows 7 is installed.
I tried to run startup repair but my problem is that for some reason when i choose to boot from the Windows 7 DVD it always gives me the "BOOTMGR is missing. Press ALT+CTRL+DEL to restart" message, therefore I cannot run the Startup Repair. I can't boot from the windows 7 drive either due to the same reason.
PRO New Member

Re: "Bootmgr is missing" windows 7, I've tried everything :(

Postby yeshuas » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:17 am

Try this and see if helps

1.) Boot from "WINDOWS 7" DVD;
2.) Select "Repair computer";
3.) Select "Cancel" to exit the repair wizard;
4.) You will now get a screen which displays 'command prompt','system restore','memory diagnostics',etc......
5.) Select "command prompt";
6.) Type your "DVD-DRIVE LETTER" in command prompt, press ENTER;
7.) Now if your Windows 7 is installed in C drive, type "copy bootmgr c:\" without Quotes, press ENTER;
8.) After successful copy type "exit" without codes, press ENTER;
9.) Reboot computer;
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development