A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Boot problem

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Boot problem

Postby sliferino » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi I'm not exactly extremely knowledgable about my computer but I'll try to xplain as much of my problem as possible. Do help me please, thanks.
My desktop is a compaq desktop with a graphic card from ATI. About 1 year ago I had installed an update for the card via the ATI site for a game, it had worked fine until this year. Everytime i on my desktop nothing shows up on my screen, it does not load a thing at all. At times it produces sounds and pressing the power button causes it to shut down. I requested for a solution online via some prompt on my computer and it said a blue screen error due to something being wrong with my graphic card. I was afraid it was because of my installation so i decided to go revert it back. The problem still persists and i do not know whether should i install a programme again. Help!
PRO New Member

Re: Boot problem

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:10 pm

What operating system are you running...Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7?

Are you able to boot to safe mode? Pressing the F8 key repeatedly while your computer starts should take you to the option of going to safe mode.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems