A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Boot Pro is telling me that my OS is on a "Hidden Drive"?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Boot Pro is telling me that my OS is on a "Hidden Drive"?

Postby tomneumann » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:34 pm

When I startup VistaBoot PRO (v 3.3) it starts off with a warning dialog box which says: "VistaBootPRO has detected that Vista is either not installed or is installed on a hidden drive."

It then goes on to say that I may have problems. I don't understand why it is coming up with this message. My version of Vista is 64x and is installed on my primary partition on drive C, and does not give me any problems. I plan to install a bet copy of Windows 7 on anothe rpartition, but before I do, I want to see if anyone can help me figure out why I am getting this message?

Anybody?

PRO New Member

Re: Boot Pro is telling me that my OS is on a "Hidden Drive"?

Postby Grav!ty » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:53 am

Does VistaBootPRO run after normally after those error messages or not?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby The_Cat » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:27 pm

I have got the same error message. But Vistabootpro does start. The problem is that my old windows XP does not start. I had a dual boot config C partition Win XP D partition on same drive the Vista partition. After a clean install of XP the dual boot config is screwed. With the vista repair function I am able to start Vista. But getting the old XP back to work is a bit of a problem. I was searching the forum on this hidden error to see if I could fix that first.
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Clean installing Windows XP to a machine containing a Vista environment will delete the boot data for Vista -- oh, and for W7 too ...

In a nutshell, Windows has not been designed in order to make multi-generational Windows multi-booting easy.

Windows should normally be installed older-to-newer versions, so that if you reinstall an older Windows version, the newer version(s) should then be reinstalled subsequently.

In your own case, it is most likely that by installing XP to the boot drive, you have erased all of the data pertaining to your pevious Vista boot environment -- VistaBootPRO can let you artificially recreate this environment, or you can just reinstall Vista by running setup from within XP.
PRO VETERAN

Return to PRO Software