A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

BEASTDOOR-C-UPX

BEASTDOOR-C-UPX

Postby plazmo » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:57 pm

dang my pc has been down for ages .. i thought i had a vIrus.. so i ran loads of different virus detectors.. and there was nothing .... something was eating my memory and closing everything down it also stopped all my network... so i thought someone had made a new virus that virus detectors dint know.... so i went on to webattack.com and downloaded an anti-virus avanti ..i installed it it rebooted my pc and in msdos ran it antivirus......

then it started finding something called... beastdoor-c-upx (tj)...it was all over the place but it wasnt a virus it was a stupid trojan....so if anyones having slow downs and programs shutting down ...go here

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/security/fwvirus.html

its freeware .and it works ^*^
PRO Level 9

Postby plazmo » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:11 pm

i just typed that name in google to see if there was anything about it .. and only one website come up about it ...iit looks like only avast know about this bug so you all might wanna run it through your systems.

http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1404.html
PRO Level 9

Postby augie » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:12 pm

I'm surprised that google only got one hit. Thing was added to Avast Dec. 21, 03 so enough time for others to pick it up. Glad to see you laughing again. :yesnod:
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby plazmo » Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:14 pm

yeah thought it was the end of mankind as we know it ..lol

didnt know it was that old .. why didnt other virus progs find it ???
PRO Level 9

Postby SCgone » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:21 am

augie wrote:I'm surprised that google only got one hit. Thing was added to Avast Dec. 21, 03 so enough time for others to pick it up. Glad to see you laughing again. :yesnod:

Probably because the beastdoor/backdoor trojan was considered a low threat and easy to contain. Various forms of it cropped up all through last year.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby plazmo » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:26 am

it seemed a major threat to my pc .. avanti found it everywhere it wasnt just sitting in a nice little spot it was all through my pc under different things it sort of cloned itself like a virus or worm...and it was eating my memory like god knows what ... but avanti checks your memory aswell..

i was starting to lose my rag and blamming other things that may be wrong as id ran loads of other anti-viruses through my system.
PRO Level 9

Postby SCgone » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:44 am

plazmo wrote:it seemed a major threat to my pc .. avanti found it everywhere it wasnt just sitting in a nice little spot it was all through my pc under different things it sort of cloned itself like a virus or worm...and it was eating my memory like god knows what ... but avanti checks your memory aswell..

i was starting to lose my rag and blamming other things that may be wrong as id ran loads of other anti-viruses through my system.

LOL, anytime you have a virus on your own machine, it should be considered a major threat. Luckely, I've never actually caught a virus in the wild on my machine. I've had a couple that I put on to play with, and my VET antivirus has caught a few viri and trojans, but none have ever gotten to my files.
PRO PLATINUM

Postby plazmo » Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:47 am

na this one was slowly eating through my system32 more than anything ..it was a trojan with an attitude lol .. plus it jumped to other areas in my main dlls and that.. unless someone has made a worm made up of the trojan for easy access to pc's
PRO Level 9

Postby MinusDriver » Thu Feb 12, 2004 5:52 pm

plazmo,
Yeah virues can be a pain! Always make sure you have good Antivirus Protection with current virus definitions and you'll be fine ^*^
Last edited by MinusDriver on Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PRO Level 13

Postby crazycanuck » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:15 pm

yup Couldnt agree more..

I was busy ridding Customers of Doom last week

almost 50 pple in 2 days then My sis called to tell me her brand new PC she just bought had Blaster she had it out of box for 2 hours,

kept me sure busy

crazy
PRO New Member

Next

Return to Security & Virus