A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

BCD Registry Problem With XP Pro

BCD Registry Problem With XP Pro

Postby Kennelmaster » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:03 pm

I am preparing to set up a dual-boot system between XP Pro/SP3 and Win7. I have XP and all applications installed on an 80GB SATA drive (C:/), all my files on a 500GB SATA drive (D:/), and a new 150GB SATA (K:/) drive where Win7Pro (64-bit) will live when it arrives. That way, either system can reach and work with the files on D:/, while I install the applications I need and learn to live with Win7 on K:/. I may eventually phase out and delete the XP system.
I have just obtained Dualboot Pro and installed it on C:/. During the installation I got the error message that the "...BCD Registry is missing or corrupt....". The only way I could get rid of that message was have Task Manager end the task.
How do I proceed? Is there something that I can add/insert into the DB Pro to eliminate the problem? Should I uninstall DB Pro until Win7 is installed and then install it with Win7? I've never set up a dual-boot system, so I'm completely in the dark here.
Thanks in advance for any help/guidance.
Kennelmaster
PRO New Member

Re: BCD Registry Problem With XP Pro

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:55 pm

See of the issues identified here help you get that fixed: bcd-registry-missing-or-corrupt-error-t99928.html

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to General Windows Support