A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Automatically enter "Advanced boot options" menu - Vista RTM

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Automatically enter "Advanced boot options" menu - Vista RTM

Postby marimol » Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:59 am

Hello everybody. I was wondering if Vista Boot pro has an option to make windows Vista bring the Advanced boot options menu (pressing F8) every time it booted. I am using Vista RTM 64-bit and I have an audio driver installed that is not signed, therefore I need to disable the use of unsigned drivers. Since that option in Vista Boot Pro does not work in Vista RTM I was wondering if there was a way to do what I mentioned above. I just don't want to be pressing F8 every time I boot my computer. Otherwise I might have to go back to 32-bits.

Or if anyone knows of another way to accomplish this, please let me know.

Thank You.
PRO New Member

Postby NT50 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:34 am

VBP will allow you to selected which OS you wish to run. AND under advance setting...

Boot VGA Disabled?
Boot GUI mode Disabled?
Allow use of unsigned drivers? (x64 Edition Only)
PAE Enabled?
DEP on?
Debug the boot process?
Run Vista in Kernel-Debug mode?
Run in SOS Mode?
Deduct Memory?
Limit CPU's.

The one you are hunting for is: Allow use of unsigned drivers?
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby Grav!ty » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:40 am

Unfortunately MS made it impossible to disable the signed driver requirement in X64 by any means other than pressing F8 and selecting that option. The function to do so with VistaBootPRO still shows up as having taken effect in the BCD store but doesn't actually work anymore.

We are looking into a work around but one is not yet available and the only way to get to the Advanced boot menu at this stage is by pressing F8 at the boot menu

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby marimol » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:50 am

Thank you for the fast reply guys. I was hoping there was an option to automatically show the advanced boot menu.

Thanks though
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software