A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Ashampoo Burning Studio

Ashampoo Burning Studio

Postby rippinchikkin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:54 am

Anyone used this, is it as good as Nero (well Nero has taken a huge nose dive the last edition, so maybe its not a good comparison) but is it as good as Nero 8?
I have issues burning video files VOB, etc.. Nero 8 on my XP box works fine, CloneDVD (slysoft) had worked great on my Vista box, but for some reason belly ups when burning files of that sort now. I can move the files and burn... but at $22 US Ashampoo is not a bad deal, but would like to hear from someone who has actually been using it...
Thanks
A rubber band pistol was confiscated from algebra class because it was a weapon of math disruption.
VP - Syndication

Re: Ashampoo Burning Studio

Postby Doyling » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:47 am

I use it but I am not really impressed. I have had problems with it wiping CDRW disks. Ok, I might be the only one how uses them anyway. I have also had problems with it burning some CD's. For example, a data DVD -R that I burned with it would read fine on some of my machines, and not on others. Then, using Nero 8 to burn the same data to the same DVD -R, the disk read on the drives the first would not. I am sort of puzzled on this, perhaps the burn speed was too high and the grove not deep enough. Not sure. Just my two bits.
PRO New Member

Return to General Tech Chat