A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Anyone into modding

Postby tWeaKmoD » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:28 pm

In attmept to keep my first post going I decided to post the following question:

Overclocking or Modding?

If you had to choose between the two hobbies, which would you choose? Please discard cost, as both cost whatever the user wants to put into it.

Personally I haven't overclocked much, though I would like to. I love to mod, there is just personal gratification knowing that your computer is like no other. So my preference is modding. What's yours?
PROfessional Member

Postby kanaloa » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:31 pm

Where on earth is Walt (Tweak) at? LOL

He'd love this post...
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby OsirisX » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:36 pm

I perfer overclocking since it require alot less work. LOL
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby ginogsm » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:49 pm

unknowndarknessx wrote:I perfer overclocking since it require alot less work. LOL

I have to disagree here Dean. Real overclockers spend hours above an open cheasis trying to shortcut pins on their mobo.

I have a colleauge that has bought a brand new PC with i875 chipset ( Asus ) and two Xeons inside @ 3,06GHz. He has spent the past three months trying to overclock it at the most. He has even bought a fan system ( ordered from UK , cost 270
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:52 pm

I'm talking about the easy version of overclocking. WHere you get a liquid cooling system and raise the fsb on your mb. LOL :oops:
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:55 pm

unknowndarknessx - have you done this to your system? If so how high did you overclock?
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:58 pm

I made the mistake of purchasing a intel board when I upgraded my pc last year therefor I was only able to overclock from 2.6 to 2.7, I personally perfer asues mbs for ocing and if you have liquid cooling then 2.6 to 3.0 would be possible.
OsirisX

PROfessional Member

Postby tWeaKmoD » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:03 pm

Well I kind of consider liquid cooling both overclocking and modding. I would love to liquid cool my machine but right now I have priorities when it comes to spending money on my machine and unfotunitly a liquid cooling setup is not quite high on my list. How many people have liquid cooling? Anyone got pics? I love seeing pics of liquid systems!
PROfessional Member

Postby OsirisX » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:07 pm

OsirisX

PROfessional Member

Postby UjusME » Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:50 am

I prefer overclocking right now because I am just now starting to really get into modding. It sounds funny that I live computers and I am a machinist and I never have really modded a case except for blow holes and putting in plexiglass.
PRO Level 8

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware and Customizing