A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Anti-Virus software

Postby c0ldfyr3 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:38 pm

I use a combo of NOD32, and Mc Afee 7.1 Enterprise Edition with a perpetual licience. with weekly updates i have had not one virus.
PRO Level 15

A/V Software

Postby mooseantlers » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:41 pm

First, thanks to all that responded. Based on all those recommendations, i'm going to make the switch to NOD32.

I don't suppose I can ask if anyone knows an easy to to remove Norton AV 2005? The web site isn't very helpful.

Thanks again!
PRO Level 4

Re: A/V Software

Postby NT50 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:44 pm

mooseantlers wrote:First, thanks to all that responded. Based on all those recommendations, i'm going to make the switch to NOD32.

I don't suppose I can ask if anyone knows an easy to to remove Norton AV 2005? The web site isn't very helpful.

Thanks again!

There was a thread here somewhere on removing Norton. I know for a fact that there is one on the www.symantec.com site. I found it and it was in a pdf file also. The irony is I just deleted the pdf file toady on how to remove Norton.

Search there sire well, it is there on the total removal of it.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

try this

Postby rjsmithwalmart » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:23 am

NT50 wrote:
Mac33 wrote:I had so much trouble with Norton, and it hogged my system. Every other day there was another update from Live Update, and my start up slowed even more with Norton on my system. I moved to NOD32, and not only am i more secure, but their set up is so easy to do and check, and there's no more sluggishness on my system. I would quite simply throw Norton in the bin, as it's top heavy and a waste of time. Of all Anivirus software, NOD32 has proven to be the best. :yesnod:

Nod is one of the AV program that utilizes ver LITTLE of the registery. I'm not going to tell you all the entries in the registry. Also NOD pretty much sticks to the ESET folder under Program Files. Now if you think about this...... what OS pretty much stick to its directory/folder; does very little with the registry (actually no registry). Unix/Linx/Mac.

That is why NOD just WORKS. And it does not screw up / screw around with your system like some of the other AV applications.

Plain and simple.

Try this site:

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
Ron Smith
PRO New Member

Re: try this

Postby Mac33 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:58 am

rjsmithwalmart wrote:
NT50 wrote:
Mac33 wrote:I had so much trouble with Norton, and it hogged my system. Every other day there was another update from Live Update, and my start up slowed even more with Norton on my system. I moved to NOD32, and not only am i more secure, but their set up is so easy to do and check, and there's no more sluggishness on my system. I would quite simply throw Norton in the bin, as it's top heavy and a waste of time. Of all Anivirus software, NOD32 has proven to be the best. :yesnod:

Nod is one of the AV program that utilizes ver LITTLE of the registery. I'm not going to tell you all the entries in the registry. Also NOD pretty much sticks to the ESET folder under Program Files. Now if you think about this...... what OS pretty much stick to its directory/folder; does very little with the registry (actually no registry). Unix/Linx/Mac.

That is why NOD just WORKS. And it does not screw up / screw around with your system like some of the other AV applications.

Plain and simple.

Try this site:

Hi Ron and welcome to PROnetworks. If you have a look at our security forum, you will notice we have given excellent coverage to all antivirus software, including your links. Out of our comprehensive analysis however, we have found that NOD32 from Eset is by far the most oustanding Antivirus software on the Net.
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Security & Virus