document it?

yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 6

another guide? quick qestion .. poll i guess

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:35 pm

since im getting the final pieces to my new rig tuesday i was just curious if anyone thinks i should document my building of my whole rig for the new people who are nervous about building their own...

if some of you think its a good idea ... then i can document it and get a guide up within a day or so of building the rig...

so just let me know what you all think

.....How can i soar with eagles when im surrounded by turkeys.....
PRO Level 13

Postby yeshuas » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:49 pm

One of the biggest problems I see when I get a computer in for repair after someone has tried their first build is, they screw the MB straight to the case without using the brass standoffs.
Another is improper use of thermal grease, they use to much, not enough, or worse yet, none.
That said; most people, if not all, come here after the fact, so I am not sure how much good a guide would be, couldn't hurt I guess.....
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:22 pm

Yeah, post the experience of putting your rig together EXoc. Many of us do and it's always nice to read about. It could help those contemplating building their own systems and inspire others to do the same ^*^

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:52 pm

yeshuas wrote:One of the biggest problems I see when I get a computer in for repair after someone has tried their first build is, they screw the MB straight to the case without using the brass standoffs.
Another is improper use of thermal grease, they use to much, not enough, or worse yet, none.
That said; most people, if not all, come here after the fact, so I am not sure how much good a guide would be, couldn't hurt I guess.....

wow straight into the mobo tray? wont that fry the mobo?
and ya the thermal grease is the ongoing question haha ... do you put a line do you use a rice grain size do you smear it over the top .... there are so many ways of doing it though ... i prefer the rice grain method ... ive used probably about 4 or 5 different methods and it just seemed to me ... it didnt matter what way you put it on ... its all about how much is put on ...

Grav!ty wrote:Yeah, post the experience of putting your rig together EXoc. Many of us do and it's always nice to read about. It could help those contemplating building their own systems and inspire others to do the same ^*^

ya ill be glad to post it up ... it will probably be wednesday at the earliest ... but thursday for sure (that is *knock on wood* all my parts work and everything goes according to plan :) )

PRO Level 13

Postby markcynt » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:03 am

I have not yet built a computer but will be building my next one. I would love to see your guide.

Mark
Velocity Micro A50
P5N-E SLI, Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.3GHZ, 2 GB DDR2 800MHZ
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB, 2x320GB Stripe, Vista Ultimate SP1, XP Pro SP3, XP Pro SP3
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
PRO Level 6

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:54 pm

markcynt wrote:I have not yet built a computer but will be building my next one. I would love to see your guide.

Mark

and this is exactly why i wanted to create it :)
i hope i can answer all your questions with it ... if not feel free to ask and we will be glad to help you out :)

PRO Level 13

Postby yeshuas » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:56 pm

As far as applying thermal paste, here is an excellent guide;

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silv ... ctions.htm
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:55 am

ok, well so far i got it up and running. I am installing some things at the moment. I will have that guide up tomorrow since i have nothing else planned :)

PRO Level 13

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:38 am

ooooooook after a long day of playing BIOS hunt i finally got everything up and going (i think ... for now at least haha) so now i can start working no that computer guide ... so it should be up tonight, if not, tomorrow for sure :)

PRO Level 13

Return to Hardware and Customizing