A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

AMD overclocking ??

Postby OsirisX » Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:30 pm

PPP wrote:Ohh Sorry and what is three untility that you talking about can you tell me

and My CPU Cooling is just standard that came with CPU

Many overclocking utilities come with testers, you can also find more on google.
OsirisX

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." - Albert Einstein
PROfessional Member

Postby ~Robrowe~ » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:26 pm

The standard cooling is absolutely horrid! especially if it is attached with a thermal pad! IMO cooling is worth the investment, the best that your budget can afford. You will not get far on the OEM heat sink and fan.
PROfessional Member

Postby UjusME » Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:32 pm

robrowe wrote:The standard cooling is absolutely horrid! especially if it is attached with a thermal pad! IMO cooling is worth the investment, the best that your budget can afford. You will not get far on the OEM heat sink and fan.

I would agree somewhat. With AMD's newer heatsinks with the copper plate if you take it off, clean of their thermal past, sand it smooth on a flat surface with 400grit paper, apply your own past in between the copper plate and the aluminum heatsink, reattach the plate, then apply your own past between the cpu and heatsink, you will get at least 5-10% better coolong with it. I have done this many times and it works great. But like robrowe said the thermal pad must go.
PRO Level 8

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing