A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

active partition not defined only boot from windows dvd

active partition not defined only boot from windows dvd

Postby bluffy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Hello,
can anyone help me i'm running windows 7 (but think this is incidental) everytime I boot up the comp a message "active partitiion not defined " comes when i try to boot up from the hard drive in the bios (put hard drive as boot drive cd second) I have to put cd as my main boot (after that) then put my installation disk in the cd. The comp says press a key to enter dvd (which i don't then it boots windows). I tried repairing from installation dvd no use. Leaving the installation dvd in my dvd is the only way to run windows any ideas anyone(my comp frooze had to press reset button this is the result(least i didnt loose all my usb info like once b4)

Thanks in advance

Matt :-(
PRO New Member

Re: active partition not defined only boot from windows dvd

Postby shreader » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Software Director

Re: active partition not defined only boot from windows dvd

Postby bluffy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:18 pm

thanks for reply
reading that can i copy the 2 files boot and bootmangr into my main hd (+my spares?) could copy the files from the install dvd and copy over the ones on the hard drive? (is there anyway of viewing whats on the files? ) I really am in noobville here with this. I was hoping for a more definate answer but mustnt be a common problem. I've had few probs with my comp and have done a few things to try n fix it. ie update bios etc

matt
PRO New Member

Return to General Windows Support