A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

2 sata drives married to each other

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

2 sata drives married to each other

Postby lostcoast » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:33 pm

I have installed 1st xp, then vista and final win7 on 2- 500gig sata drives. I have partitioned the 500 gigs in half making 4 drive letters.

I can not remove one of the drives and have it boot to only win7. vista and xp on one drive, and win7 on other drive and one storage partition.

I want to remove one drive and have win7 boot normal. win7 is default boot so I'm confused.

new to this program dualbootpro and cant figure out how to accomplish this without loosing win7. XP and vista are not needed.

any input would be greatly appreciated.
PRO New Member

Re: 2 sata drives married to each other

Postby yeshuas » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:44 am

Probably what has happened is that since you started with XP then Vista and then Windows 7, the drive that has XP on it is marked System, Boot etc.

Using Dual Boot Pro, go to System Boot Loader Tab, and on that page place a check in the Window Vista, Windows 7 bootloader to install, and another check in the all drives and then click on the install Bootloader button.

Once this done, go to the Operating sytems tab and on that page you should have all your OS listed, make Windows 7 the default and make sure it is listed first when you boot.

Then using Dual Boot Pro again, go back to the Operating system tab, and on that page click on XP and then click on the Red X to the right to remove the listing for XP ( it doesn't delete XP only the listing for it)

Then boot again to make sure XP is removed from the choices and repeat the previous steps to remove Vista
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Return to Windows Boot Problems